Question:
No idea how to spell this, but what does the French phrase "je ne se cois" mean and how does one use it?
John
2006-01-20 15:21:08 UTC
No idea how to spell this, but what does the French phrase "je ne se cois" mean and how does one use it?
Four answers:
sandworm_arrakis
2006-01-20 18:14:25 UTC
The literal translation of "Je ne sais quoi" to English is indeed "I don't know what"! But it is normally used to point out something which is usually undefinable: For instance, if you say someone has a certain "je ne sais quoi", then you find that person has a very particular characteristic, which you like (or not!) but that cannot define with other words. The expression is also used by "gourmets" referring to exquisite food...
Marion
2006-01-20 15:36:18 UTC
Louly spelled it right. You use it when you want to express something and just can't find the words for it. Like a guy falls in love with a girl and can't really say why - she just has a je ne sais quoi.
2006-01-20 15:25:23 UTC
I think uou mean "je ne sais quoi" , that mean in english "i don't know what ".
b_ismoo
2006-01-20 15:25:03 UTC
i don't know how to spell it either but if you put this in the "freetranslation.com" thing they tell you it means: I not themselves speechless

no idea!!!!