Question:
Hello. Please answer this question. It's Easy?
romance_luvbug
2006-03-22 05:59:15 UTC
How do you say "Hello" in your country or language?
57 answers:
old_frog
2006-03-22 14:02:01 UTC
merhaba

or

alsalam alikom

in arabic
2006-03-22 06:07:20 UTC
Hello
2006-03-22 07:24:44 UTC
Hi, hello
cleofox32
2006-03-22 06:32:18 UTC
Dia dhuit - Irish Gaelic

What's de story or Whats the craic (How we say hello in Dublin)

How's John(insert any name) ( Anywhere outside Dublin, Ireland)
?
2006-03-25 08:55:14 UTC
I am from Belgium and we have 3 official languages.

Dutch = Nederlands : Hallo, goede dag. Flemish = Vlaams : Hey

Français = French : Bonjour, Bonsoir. Slang : salut

Deutsch = German : Guten tag
TheAmberOtter
2006-03-22 06:04:25 UTC
Gruss Gott in Bavaria.

Guten Tag in Germany.
Isadora
2006-03-22 06:09:31 UTC
Hola in Mexico, in Spain, and all the south countries... well, not in Brazil of course...

By the way... "Hola, como estas?, meaning "Hello, how are you? Have a nice day
ifnk334
2006-03-22 06:07:51 UTC
we don't say hello... we walk up to one another, grab each other's forearm, pull each other close and lick each other's ear lobe.

for some reason, everyone here is really nice, we never have war, the birth rate skyrockets every year and we have the cleanest ears on the planet.
Tag
2006-03-22 06:36:32 UTC
it's an easy question, but difficult when your answer is limited to words. describing sound isn't that hard i could look it up in the dictionary and get the phonetic spelling of it but most peopole can't read it anyway so i'm not going to waiste my time
bike_rider
2006-03-22 06:34:20 UTC
Asalam-o-alikum
2006-03-22 08:34:14 UTC
In Brazil(Portuguese):

Oi!

or

Olá!

or,answering the phone:

Alô?
verrino0871
2006-03-22 06:47:19 UTC
Ciao,

In italian hello= ciao and = bye ( informally)

for further information do not hesitate to contact me

Ciao

Felice (Mr)
sunnyday1012003
2006-03-22 06:15:23 UTC
Privet in Russia
2006-03-22 06:21:27 UTC
hello
purplepiggy13
2006-03-22 06:00:30 UTC
hello
dolphin
2006-03-23 04:22:24 UTC
On Serbian

Cao

Zdravo
khanshah
2006-03-22 06:37:04 UTC
Aao Jee (Punjabi)

Pakhir Raglay (Pashto)

Namaste (Hindi)

Khushamdeed (Urdu)

Namaskar (Marathi)

Sasriakal (Sikh Punjabi)

Chaturi (Iran)

Bon Cava (French)

Khem Cho (Gujrati)

Heur mor deau (swedan)
2006-03-22 06:25:39 UTC
hello or hi
scramtoad
2006-03-22 06:14:03 UTC
Aloha! - In Hawaii

Hola! - In Mexico

Oi! - In Portugal

Привет! - In Russia

Hei! - In Norway

喂! - In China

Ciao! - In Italy

Bonjour! - In France

Hallo! - In Germany
niki
2006-03-22 06:09:31 UTC
Hello,

Hi,

How's it going,
2006-03-22 06:07:08 UTC
In Australia....gidday mate
2006-03-22 08:04:22 UTC
Bonjour (in French of course)
zuvalopa
2006-03-22 06:08:08 UTC
konichiwa actually good afternoon, not hello.

moshi moshi - hello in telephone (japanese)

anyeong-haseo - korea

yeoboseyo - hello in telephone (korean)

xin chiao - vietnam

g'day, mate (good day)- aussy
mcquain4
2006-03-22 06:06:44 UTC
Hola.

I guess my country is Venezuela, I live there but I'm from the U.S.
lau
2006-03-22 14:37:41 UTC
Hola!
2006-03-22 07:34:55 UTC
In DUTCH we say :

dag

hey

goeiemorgen/goedemorgen

hallo

alles goed?
finnish_rose
2006-03-22 07:34:36 UTC
Many ways to say "hi" in my language, Finnish.

for example:

Hello (=terve, moi, päivää)

How are you doing? (=miten menee?)

Bye (=moikka, heippa, näkemiin)
lipstick7000
2006-03-22 06:23:47 UTC
Hey there

Howdy

Hi
henley005
2006-03-22 06:17:40 UTC
hi

whats going on

whats up

hey there

creole- bonjou- sak pase

spanish hola
2006-03-22 06:05:53 UTC
Hey

Hi

Howdy

Whassssss up

How is it goin

hello

hiya
jennyfeng2005
2006-03-22 06:05:48 UTC
In China we say 你好(nihao).
blodwyn
2006-03-23 08:08:51 UTC
shwmae- hi (shum-my)

bore da- good morning (bor-re dar)

prynhawn da- good afternoon(prin h-ow-n dar)

hello- hello (hello)

and goodbye is- da borchi (da-bor-ci) or hwyl (h-oy-l)

im from wales
alycks
2006-03-24 22:47:38 UTC
kumusta! = tagalog for hello/hi
2006-03-22 06:12:22 UTC
As a muslim when i meet to someone i greet his/her

As-Salamu alaikum (its means) Peace be upon you.

.
Sarethor
2006-03-26 11:10:31 UTC
dutch--hallo

persian--salam-->for the muslims,allah'u'abah--> for the Bahai's
Goya
2006-03-22 06:10:31 UTC
Whut It Iz Yo??!!
capnjackgirl
2006-03-22 06:00:16 UTC
Hello

Hi

What's up

Hey
2006-03-22 06:00:30 UTC
Oi! - Brasil
♥ 3rabeezy_chica♥
2006-03-22 14:12:24 UTC
marhaba - arabic

hola - spanish

bonjour - french

hey - english

peace out:)
alexmcveigh
2006-03-25 13:57:54 UTC
i usaly say hi-ya or morning ,good afternoon , night
2006-03-22 06:12:26 UTC
hola,.. hello,.. que hay, que pasa,.. wuz up,.. whats the deal-ee-o
Sharon T
2006-03-22 06:31:49 UTC
I ususally say "Yo, dude, wassup?"
willcy0721
2006-03-22 06:07:12 UTC
yo
sam_boss_93
2006-03-22 06:07:02 UTC
Ahlan (Arabic) it has other words too.
2006-03-22 06:37:57 UTC
with a snog
2006-03-22 06:04:34 UTC
guten tag-german

aloha-hawaiian

hola-spanish

shalom-jewish

konichiwa-japenese

bonjour-french
whatsinaname
2006-03-22 06:53:33 UTC
Nepali - kasto chha - how are you?
mikal81
2006-03-22 06:10:20 UTC
bout ye

meaning:

What about you/Tell me all about you/Tell me how you are/greetings.

(Northern Ireland)
LoneStar
2006-03-22 06:00:18 UTC
In Texan, its "Howdy".
bord_gal
2006-03-24 15:22:28 UTC
when spaeking irish its

"hallo... conas ata tu?"

"hello ...how are you??
dusty star
2006-03-22 07:26:10 UTC
hiya mate!
2006-03-22 06:57:56 UTC
'What's up' is what I usually say.
trampus
2006-03-22 06:10:45 UTC
"How do" or "Aye up" (Northern England")

"Yorlrite, whack?" (Liverpool)
Mr.Perfect
2006-03-22 06:08:31 UTC
with my mouth